How to Fix D06 Error in Fagor Dishwasher
- Error: D06
- Description: Indicates an electrical overload on the motor of the Fagor dishwasher
- Cause: A faulty motor start capacitor can be the cause of the D06 error
- Solution: Replace the motor start capacitor of the dishwasher
If you’re experiencing the D06 error on your Fagor dishwasher, you may be facing a problem with the motor. Here’s a description of the error, its possible cause, and the solution for this problem.
The D06 error is an error message that indicates that the motor of the dishwasher is experiencing an electrical overload.
The D06 error occurs when the dishwasher motor is attempting to perform a task and cannot do so due to an electrical overload. This can be caused by a variety of issues, including a faulty motor or a faulty motor start capacitor.
One of the most common causes of the D06 error in a Fagor dishwasher is a faulty motor start capacitor. This component is responsible for providing a starting current to the motor to help it start running. If the start capacitor fails, the motor may have trouble starting and may experience an electrical overload.
Step-by-Step Solution for D06 Error in Fagor Dishwasher
If you’re experiencing the D06 error on your Fagor dishwasher, you can try to fix the problem by following these steps:
- Turn off and unplug the Fagor dishwasher from the electrical outlet before proceeding with any work.
- Remove the cover of the motor connection box of the dishwasher to access the motor start capacitor.
- Check the motor start capacitor to ensure that it is in good condition. If the capacitor appears swollen, burnt, or damaged, it is likely the cause of the problem.
- To replace the capacitor, disconnect the electrical wires from the capacitor and then remove the component from its place. Make sure to take note of the polarity of the capacitor before removing it.
- Install the new motor start capacitor in place and connect the electrical wires following the correct polarity.
- Replace the cover of the motor connection box and reconnect the dishwasher to the electrical outlet.
- Turn on the dishwasher and perform a test to verify that the problem has been resolved.
Remember that it’s always important to exerc