How to eliminate the error Error 20 in Electrolux dishwasher?
- Error: Error 20
- Description: Problem with the drainage system
- Cause: This code can appear as 20 or i20, but both refer to the same problem. If there is a blockade in the drainage line of your dishwasher, or if the unit drain pump is obstructed, this can trigger an error code i20.
- Solution: This error may also be due to a communication error, therefore, unplugs the dishwasher and then plug it back. If the code is still there, inspect the drainage line, the drain pump or the pressure switch and clean or replace the parts as necessary.
The “Error 20” or “i20” error code in an Electrolux dishwasher refers to a problem with the drainage system. This code can appear as either “20” or “i20”, but both refer to the same issue.
Causes of the Problem
The “Error 20” or “i20” error code in an Electrolux dishwasher can be caused by a blockage in the dishwasher’s drainage line or a blockage in the drain pump. These obstructions prevent proper water drainage, resulting in the error code.
How to Solve the Problem
If you encounter the “Error 20” or “i20” error code in your Electrolux dishwasher, you can try to solve it by following these steps:
- Disconnect the dishwasher from the power source.
- Check that the dishwasher’s drainage line is not obstructed. If you find any obstructions, carefully clean them.
- Inspect the dishwasher’s drain pump. If it is obstructed, clean or replace it as necessary.
- Check the dishwasher’s pressure switch. If it is obstructed or damaged, clean or replace it.
Once you have taken these actions, plug the dishwasher back in and turn it on. If the error code disappears and the dishwasher functions properly, the problem has been solved. However, if the error code persists, it is recommended to request the assistance of a specialized technician to inspect and repair the dishwasher.
Other Error Codes Related (“C2”, “F2”, or “AL6”) to Drainage Problems
In addition to the “Error 20” or “i20” error code, you may encounter other error codes related to drainage problems in your Electrolux dishwasher. These codes may be “C2”, “F2”, or “AL6”. If your dishwasher emits two beeps and the LED flashes twice, you are likely experiencing a drainage problem.
How to Solve Other Error Codes Related to Drainage Problems
If you encounter the “C2”, “F2”, “i20”, or “AL6” error codes in your Electrolux dishwasher, you can try to solve the problem by following these additional steps:
- Ensure that the sink faucet is not obstructed.
- Verify that the dishwasher’s interior filter system is not obstructed. Clean the dishwasher’s filter and sump.
- Make sure the drainage hose is properly installed. The length of the drainage hose should not exceed 400 cm, and the drainage entry point should be between 40 and 85 cm. Additionally, ensure that the drainage hose is not damaged, bent, or twisted.
- Check if the sink drain plug has been removed. If you have recently installed or moved the dishwasher, the sink drain plug may be obstructing the water flow. Remove the siphon’s drain plug, open the entry where the drainage hose connects to the siphon, and reconnect the siphon’s entry.
Once you have taken these additional steps, plug the dishwasher back in, turn it on, and select a suitable cycle to start the wash. If the cycle begins and functions properly, the drainage problem has been solved. However, if the error codes persist or the dishwasher still does not drain properly, it is recommended to request the assistance of a specialized technician.