- Error: E28
- Description: Issue with the turbidity sensor.
- Cause: Sensor obstructed or defective.
- Solution: Cleaning or replacement of the sensor.
If you’ve encountered the E28 error on your Bosch dryer and are unsure of what to do, worry not! Here at codigodeerror.com, we’ll guide you step by step on understanding what this code means and how to fix it without having to resort to handwashing dishes for an extended period.
What is the Turbidity Sensor?
The turbidity sensor is a small device located at the bottom of your dishwasher. Its role is to measure how much light passes through the water inside the appliance. If the water is dirty, the dishes won’t be cleaned properly, and the dishwasher might repeat the rinsing cycle over and over.
Steps to Resolve the E28 Error
Before you begin, remember the golden rule: Safety first! Ensure the appliance is disconnected from the power source before starting any repairs.
- Locate the Sensor:
- You’ll need to remove the dishwasher’s base to find the turbidity sensor. It could be located in the sump or in the hoses at the machine’s base.
- Once you have access to the sensor, inspect it for residues or blockages that may be interfering with its operation.
- Cleaning or Replacement:
- If you find dirt, clean it carefully. If the sensor is damaged or beyond simple cleaning, you’ll need to replace it.
- Test Your Dishwasher:
- After cleaning or replacing the sensor, reassemble everything and connect your dishwasher. Run a test cycle to ensure the E28 error has been resolved.
What if the Sensor is Irreparable?
Don’t be disheartened if the sensor is beyond repair. At codigodeerror.com, we have a wide range of spare parts for Bosch dishwashers. You can find the correct replacement part for your model and have your dishes clean effortlessly in no time.
- User Manual:
- It’s always useful to review the user manual for your Bosch dishwasher for specific instructions on how to access and clean the turbidity sensor.
- Professional Assistance:
- If you’re not comfortable performing these steps or if the issue persists after attempting the solution, it’s advisable to contact a technician specialized in Bosch appliances.
- To prevent future issues, regularly clean the turbidity sensor and perform maintenance on your dishwasher following the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Remember, at codigodeerror.com, we’re here to assist you with any questions or issues you may have with your appliances. Don’t let an error code keep you from enjoying the comfort of your home!