The oven is one of the most used appliances in the kitchen, whether at home or in a professional environment. It is important to take care of it and keep it in good condition to ensure its proper functioning and prolong its lifespan. In this article, we offer a series of tips and tricks for taking care of and maintaining the oven in good condition and enjoying delicious dishes cooked in it.
How to Keep Your Oven Clean?
One of the main concerns when using the oven is to avoid getting it dirty. To do this, it is important to follow a series of recommendations:
- Use appropriate containers: it is important to use containers that are suitable for the oven and that are designed to withstand high temperatures. Glass, ceramic, or metal containers are the most recommended. Avoid using plastic or paper containers, as they can melt or burn.
- Place the food in the right position: it is important to place the food in the center of the oven and avoid touching the walls or ceiling of the oven. This way, it prevents the food from burning and stains from forming in the oven.
- Use aluminum foil: if you are going to cook foods that may splash or spill liquids, it is recommended to use aluminum foil to cover the bottom of the container. This way, it prevents the liquids from sticking to the bottom of the oven and generating difficult-to-clean stains.
- Clean the oven frequently: it is important to clean the oven frequently to prevent food residues from accumulating and generating bad odors. It is recommended to clean the oven after each use and perform a deep cleaning at least once a month.
How to Take Care of Your Oven?
In addition to following the above recommendations, it is important to follow a series of tips to take care of the oven and prolong its lifespan:
- Do not use abrasive products: it is important to use soft and non-abrasive products to clean the oven. Abrasive products can damage the oven’s coating and cause it to scratch or wear out.
- Do not use sharp objects: it is important to avoid using sharp objects to clean the oven, as they can damage the coating and cause it to scratch or wear out.
- Do not use too much water: it is important to avoid using too much water to clean the oven, as it can cause moisture to accumulate inside and generate bad odors.
- Use specific products for oven cleaning: there are specific products for oven cleaning that are more effective and less aggressive than other cleaning products. It is recommended to use these products to ensure effective and safe oven cleaning.
How to Clean the Kitchen Oven?
To clean the kitchen oven, it is important to follow a series of steps:
- Turn off the oven and wait for it to cool completely.
- Remove food and liquid residues with a spatula or damp cloth.
- Apply the specific cleaning product for the oven and let it sit for the time recommended by the manufacturer.
- Remove the cleaning product with a damp cloth and dry the inside of the oven with a dry cloth.
- Turn on the oven and let it heat up for a few minutes to eliminate any residue of cleaning product.
It is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the cleaning product and use gloves and protective glasses during oven cleaning.
How Long Should You Wait to Use the Oven After Cleaning It?
After cleaning the oven, it is recommended to wait at least one hour before using it again. This way, it ensures that the oven is completely dry and that there are no residues of cleaning product that may affect the food.
To take care of and maintain the oven in good condition, it is important to follow a series of recommendations and tips. Using appropriate containers, placing food in the right position, using aluminum foil, and cleaning the oven frequently are some of the most important recommendations. In addition, it is important to use specific products for oven cleaning and avoid using abrasive or sharp products. By following these recommendations, it ensures proper functioning of the oven and prolongs its lifespan.