- Error: Error Six (6) and Seven (7)
- Description: The Roomba® battery is either too hot or too cold to charge. Make sure the robot is at room temperature and try again.
- Cause: The environmental temperature is not suitable for charging the battery.
- Solution: Make sure the robot is at room temperature before attempting to charge it again.
The iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaner is an intelligent and efficient device that makes home cleaning easier. However, there may be charging errors that prevent the robot from functioning properly. In this article, we will focus on error six (6) and seven (7) and provide solutions to resolve them.
Charging Errors in the iRobot Roomba Vacuum Cleaner
Charging errors in the iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaner can be caused by various reasons, such as battery issues, charging base problems, or the environment in which the robot is located. In the case of error six (6) and seven (7), the main cause is the improper temperature of the battery.
When error six (6) or seven (7) appears in the iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaner, it means that the battery is either too hot or too cold to be charged. It is important to ensure that the robot is at room temperature before attempting to charge it again.
The environmental temperature can affect the performance of the iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaner’s battery. If the battery is too hot or too cold, the robot will not be able to charge properly. It is important to note that lithium-ion batteries are sensitive to extreme temperatures.
To solve error six (6) and seven (7) in the iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaner, follow these steps:
- Make sure the robot is at room temperature: Verify that the environment in which the robot is located has a suitable temperature for charging the battery. Avoid exposing the robot to extreme temperatures.
- Try charging the robot again: Once the robot is at room temperature, place it back on the charging base and try charging it again. If the error persists, proceed to the next steps.
- Remove and reinstall the battery: If the robot continues to have difficulty charging, remove the battery and reinstall it. Make sure it is properly placed and in good condition.
- Use an original iRobot® lithium-ion battery: It is important to use original iRobot batteries to avoid unknown charging errors. Non-original batteries may not be compatible with the robot and can cause charging problems.
- Check the charging base connection: Ensure that the charging base plug is securely connected to both the base and the power outlet. Press both ends of the cable to ensure a secure connection.
- Clean the charging contacts: Dirt on the charging contacts of the charging base can cause charging errors. Clean the charging contacts with a soft, dry cloth to remove any dirt or residue.
- Inspect for damaged contacts: If the charging contacts are damaged or stuck, they may prevent the robot from charging properly. If the contacts are green or copper in color, stuck, or damaged, it is necessary to replace the robot or the base with the damaged contacts.
- Contact iRobot Customer Support: If the charging error persists after following all the above steps, it is recommended to contact iRobot Customer Support. Provide the necessary information, such as the robot’s serial number and proof of purchase, so they can provide you with an appropriate solution.
In summary, error six (6) and seven (7) in the iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaner are caused by the improper temperature of the battery. Make sure the robot is at room temperature before attempting to charge it again. If the problem persists, follow the aforementioned steps or contact iRobot Customer Support for further assistance.
Remember to use original iRobot batteries and keep the charging contacts clean to avoid charging problems in the iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaner.