How to eliminate E40 error in AEG washing machine?
- Error: E40 or emits 4 beeps or 4 flashes
- Description: Door closure problem (blocapuertas).
- Cause: Poor alignment between the latch and the lock or electrical failure in the closing signal
- Solution: Check the door lock, inspect for trapped garments, remove part of the load if overloaded, deactivate the child safety lock, and if necessary, replace the door lock.
The washing machine is one of the most commonly used appliances in our homes, so it is important to know and solve any potential problems that may arise. One of the most common errors in AEG washing machines is the “E40” error code, which is displayed on the screen or emits 4 beeps or 4 flashes. In this article, we will explain what this error code means, its possible causes, and how to solve it.
What does the Error E40 mean in AEG Washing Machine?
The “E40” error code in AEG washing machines indicates a problem with the door lock. This can be caused by poor alignment between the latch and the lock or an electrical failure that prevents the main electronic board from detecting the door closure. When this error occurs, the washing machine displays the error message on the screen after one minute without the door being locked.
What causes the error?
The E40 error can be caused by various factors and components related to the door closure and lock of the washing machine. The possible causes and solutions for each of them are detailed below:
1. Door Lock
The door lock is the part responsible for ensuring safety by preventing the door from opening during the operation of the washing machine. If this part is worn out or broken, it can cause the E40 error. In this case, it is recommended to replace the door lock.
2. Door Handle
The door handle is the part that allows you to open and close the door of the washing machine. If this part is damaged or broken, it can cause the E40 error. It is important to check that the handle moves correctly and does not show any signs of wear. If necessary, the door handle should be replaced.
The wiring that goes from the electronic board to the door lock can be damaged or burned, which can also cause the E40 error. It is recommended to check the wiring and, if any burned or poorly connected wires are found, replace them. Additionally, if the wiring has damaged the connections of the door lock, this part should also be changed.
4. Main Electronic Board
The main electronic board is the component responsible for controlling the operation of the washing machine. In the case of the E40 error, the board has two main functions: supplying power to the door lock and detecting if the door is properly closed. If the main electronic board has any faults, it can cause the E40 error. In this case, it is recommended to replace both the main electronic board and the door lock.
- It is important to take note of the reported error code and mention it when requesting a technician’s visit. This will help the technician identify the cause of the problem more efficiently.
- It is not recommended to use the washing machine until the problem has been completely solved. The appliance must be unplugged and should not be plugged back in until it is certain that the problem has been resolved.