Description: Water Temperature Sensor (NTC) Error
Cause: The NTC sensor value is out of the acceptable range during the water heating phase in the wash cycle.
Solution: Check connections and resistance of the sensor, and consider replacement if necessary.
If you encounter the F05 error code on your Hisense washer, don’t worry. This error is related to the water temperature sensor (NTC), and there are steps you can take to try to solve it before calling a technician. Here’s how:
Steps to Solve the F05 Error
Check Electrical Connections
Before you begin, disconnect the washer from the power source to prevent accidents. Then, follow these steps:
- Inspect NTC Sensor Connections:
- Ensure that the wires going to the temperature sensor are not loose or damaged. If you find any loose wires, reconnect them, and test the washer again.
- Check Sensor Resistance:
- Using a multimeter, measure the resistance of the NTC sensor. At a temperature of 30°C, the resistance should be approximately 9.7 KΩ. If the resistance deviates significantly from this value, the sensor is likely defective and needs replacement.
Consider Replacing the NTC Sensor
If, after checking connections and the resistance of the NTC sensor, the F05 error persists, you may need to replace the sensor. Follow these steps:
- Locate the NTC Sensor:
- The sensor is usually located near the heating element of the washer.
- Remove the Defective Sensor:
- Disconnect the cables and remove the sensor. You may need to disassemble some parts of the washer to access it.
- Install the New Sensor:
- Place the new NTC sensor in the position of the old one and reconnect the cables.
- Test the Washer:
- Once you’ve replaced the sensor, reconnect the washer to the power and run a test cycle to ensure that the F05 error has been resolved.
- User Manual:
- Consult your Hisense washer’s user manual for specific instructions on how to access and replace the NTC sensor.
- Professional Assistance:
- If you’re not comfortable performing these steps or if the error persists after sensor replacement, it’s advisable to contact a professional technician.
- To avoid future issues, make sure to perform regular maintenance on your washer, such as cleaning filters and checking water hoses.
Remember that preventive maintenance can help you avoid errors and prolong the lifespan of your Hisense washer. If the problem persists after following these steps, don’t hesitate to contact the professional service for further assistance.