- Error: E04
- Description: The washing machine has detected too much water in the drum.
- Cause: This may be due to a leak, a failure in the anti-flooding system, or excessive detergent usage.
- Solution: Check specific components and perform maintenance cycles.
If your Hoover washing machine displays the error code “E04” and the LED lights flash four times, don’t worry. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you troubleshoot and resolve this issue, allowing you to use your washing machine without any problems.
What Does the E04 Code Mean?
The E04 code on your Hoover washing machine indicates an excess of water in the drum. This could be caused by a leak, an issue with the anti-flooding system, or simply using too much detergent. Don’t worry; we’ll guide you through the steps to resolve it.
Steps to Solve the E04 Error
Before You Begin
Disconnect the washing machine: For safety reasons, always disconnect your appliance before conducting any inspections.
- Water Inlet Valves: These valves allow water to flow into the drum. Ensure there are no leaks or malfunctions.
- Pressure Switch: This component monitors the water level in the drum. Verify that it’s functioning correctly.
- Wiring: Examine the cables connected to the pressure switch and valves to ensure they are not damaged.
Too Much Detergent?
- Symptoms: If there is excessive foam inside the drum, it’s likely that too much detergent has been used.
- Solution: Run a maintenance cycle by selecting a cotton program at 60 degrees without any load or detergent. This will eliminate excess soap.
Tip: To keep your washing machine in optimal condition, perform a monthly maintenance cycle using a specialized washing machine cleaner.
If the Error Persists
Professional Contact: If the E04 code continues to appear after a maintenance cycle, it is advisable to contact a specialized technician.
What to Do If You’re Not Comfortable?
If, after following these steps, you don’t feel comfortable or the problem persists, it’s best to leave it to a professional. Visit our service technician page to schedule a visit, and an expert will take care of the issue.
The E04 error code is not the end of the world for your Hoover washing machine. With patience and by following these steps, you can have your washing machine working like new. Remember, if the problem goes beyond a simple excess of detergent, don’t hesitate to call a qualified technician.
We hope this guide has been helpful, and you can soon resume washing your clothes without worries. For more assistance with other error codes, visit codigodeerror.com for additional guides and tips.