How to eliminate E05 error in HOOVER washing machine?
- Error: E05
- Description: – Problem with the temperature sensor – There is no water heating at the required temperature. An error “E05” appears on the screen.
- Cause: Failure of the rear temperature sensor, also known as NTC (Negative Temperature Coefficient). The heating element (TEN) or its wiring and contacts failed. The controller could also break. The temperature sensor has been unusable.
- Solution: When checking with a tester (multimeter), make sure the resistance is approximately two tens of ohms at an average ambient temperature. You must ensure that the program selector engine is working properly. The voltage required for its operation is 220 volts. Window resistance is approximately 15 kohm. In addition, you should ensure that the screen and control units work properly.
What does that flashing light or strange code on the front of your Hoover washing machine mean? If your washing machine is not functioning properly and you see the E05 code or five flashes repeating with pauses on the display panel, it means that your machine is displaying an error code. The E05 error code is related to a problem with the water temperature sensor.
Hoover Washing Machine Temperature Sensor
The temperature sensor is a crucial part of your Hoover washing machine’s operation. This sensor measures the water temperature during the wash cycle and sends the information to the circuit board. If the water does not reach the required temperature, the circuit board will detect the failure and display the E05 error code on the display panel.
How to Diagnose and Solve the E05 Error Code
If you encounter the E05 error code on your Hoover washing machine, follow these steps to resolve the problem:
- Turn off and unplug your washing machine.
- Check the connections and wires of the temperature sensor. The sensor is located at the back of the machine, near the drum.
- If you do not find any faults in the connections or wires, you may need to replace the temperature sensor.
- Once you have fixed any loose connections or installed a new temperature sensor if necessary, the error should disappear. When you turn on your washing machine again, everything should return to normal.
The E05 error code on a Hoover washing machine indicates a problem with the water temperature sensor. By following the steps mentioned above, you can diagnose and solve this problem effectively. Always remember to turn off and unplug your washing machine before performing any repairs or checking connections. If you are not comfortable performing these tasks, it is recommended to contact a specialized technician to help you solve the problem.