- Error: “OE”
- Description: The washer is unable to drain the water used during the wash cycle.
- Cause: It can be caused by a kinked drain hose or a clogged drain pump filter.
- Solution: Check and correct any issues with the drain hose and clean the drain pump filter.
Encountering the “OE” error code on your LG washer can be frustrating, but don’t worry. This common issue is related to the washer’s inability to drain water after the wash cycle. Here’s what this error means, why it happens, and how you can fix it.
First, check that the drain hose behind the washer isn’t kinked or clogged. A bent hose can prevent water from properly exiting. If you find any kinks, straighten them out. If the problem persists after removing blockages or correcting bends in the hose, it’s time to move on to the next step.
If the drain hose is in good condition, the next step is to test the drain pump:
- Turn on the washer by pressing the power button.
- Select a high spin speed using the spin speed button until “HIGH” is selected.
- Start a spin cycle by pressing the start/pause button.
Listen for a humming sound, indicating that the drain pump motor is working.
If you hear the motor’s humming, the next step is to check if the drain pump filter is clogged:
- Turn off the washer and unplug it from the power source.
- Locate the service panel on the lower left corner of the unit.
- Drain the remaining water using the drain hose located on the left side of the service panel.
- Remove the drain filter by turning it counterclockwise.
- Clean the filter with a soft-bristled brush and warm water.
Once clean, reinstall the filter and the drain hose.
After cleaning the filter, it’s recommended to run a tub clean cycle to ensure any remaining residue is removed. If after this the “OE” code is resolved, you’ve fixed the problem. Otherwise, it might be necessary to reduce the amount of detergent used or, if the issue persists, request technical service.
If after following these steps the “OE” code still appears, or if you don’t hear the humming of the drain pump motor, it’s likely that the drain pump isn’t working properly and you’ll need to request a repair.