How to eliminate PF error in LG washing machine?
- Error: PF
- Description: Protection against power outages.
- Solution: – Turn off and turn on the washing machine. – Check the plug and the entire electrical installation of the washing machine. – Check that there is no burned component on the electronic plate.
If you own an LG washing machine and you see the “PF” error code on the display, don’t worry, it’s a common problem and easy to fix. This code indicates a power failure, which can occur if the washing machine’s power supply is interrupted during a cycle, due to a fluctuation in the home network.
Why Does the “PF” Error Occur?
The most common cause of the “PF” error on an LG washing machine is a fluctuation in the home network. It can occur when there is an overload or a voltage drop in the electrical network, which causes the washing machine to not be able to continue with the washing cycle.
How to Fix the “PF” Error
If your LG washing machine displays the “PF” error code, there is no need to call a technician. There is a quick and easy solution that you can do yourself. Follow these steps:
- Press the START/PAUSE button on the washing machine to stop the current cycle.
- Unplug the washing machine from the power outlet.
- Wait for about 30 seconds.
- Plug the washing machine back into the power outlet.
- Press the START/PAUSE button to restart the washing cycle.
This simple action should solve the problem. If the “PF” error persists, there may be a fault in the washing machine’s electronic board, in which case you should call a specialized technician.
Tips to Prevent the “PF” Error
Although the “PF” error can occur due to a fluctuation in the home network, there are some measures you can take to prevent it:
- Connect the washing machine to an exclusive outlet for it.
- Do not connect other appliances to the same outlet as the washing machine.
- Use a voltage regulator to protect the washing machine in case of voltage fluctuations.
- Do not overload the washing machine with too much laundry, as this can cause a motor overload.
By following these tips, you can prevent the “PF” error on your LG washing machine and extend its lifespan. Remember to always unplug the washing machine before performing any repairs or maintenance.