How to eliminate the 4C error in Samsung washing machine?
- Error: 4C
- Description: Water supply problems
- Cause: Water does not arrive, or does not arrive with sufficient pressure.
- Check that the water supply tap is turned on.
- Make sure the faucets that supply water to the washer are open.
- Check that the water hoses are not clogged or kinked.
- Check that there is sufficient water pressure to the washer.
- Make sure the cold water faucet is turned on.
- Clean the water filter – it may be clogged and depressurizing the circuit.
Step-by-Step for Troubleshooting Error Code 4C
Error codes 4C indicate that the washer is not filling with water fast enough.
The most likely cause is low water pressure or low flow at the machine’s water supply inlets.
Check the water inlet line
- Disconnect the washing machine from the mains.
- Move the machine to access the water inlet.
- Check that the inlet line is not kinked, damaged or clogged.
Check the Water Supply
First things first, let’s make sure your machine is getting the H2O it needs to get your clothes clean.
- Turn off your machine and unplug it for safety.
- Locate the water taps that supply your washer – they’re usually hiding behind the machine.
- Give ’em a twist to make sure they’re open all the way. If they’re not, your machine might be thirsty for more water.
- Pull out your machine a bit to get a good look at the hoses.
- Check for kinks or bends – these are like the kinks in a garden hose that stop the water flow.
- No kinks? Great! Make sure the hose isn’t damaged. If it looks more beat up than your favorite pair of jeans, it’s time for a new hose.
- Make sure the water supply tap is fully open.
Clean the mesh filter in the water line.
Your machine has these little mesh filters to catch gunk before it gets inside. They need a good cleaning now and then.
- Turn off the water supply – we don’t want a surprise shower, do we?
- Disconnect the hoses from both the machine and the water supply.
- Find the mesh filters – they’re usually at the end of the hose or where the hose connects to the machine.
- Gently pull them out and give them a good rinse under running water.
- Put everything back together and make sure it’s snug. No one likes a leaky washer!
- If you need to know how to clean the mesh filter of the water entering the washing machine valve, read the article in our magazine.
- It is recommended to clean the mesh filter at least 2 times a year.
Clean the dispenser drawer.
Occasionally, a 4C error code may appear if the dispenser drawer is clogged.
- Remove the drawer.
- Look for possible obstructions.
- Clean the drawer.
- Replace the drawer.
Still Having Trouble?
If you’ve done all this and your machine is still giving you the cold shoulder with that 4C error, it might be time to call in the pros. Reach out to Samsung Support for some extra help.
Remember, regular maintenance can keep these issues at bay. So, give your washer a little TLC, and it’ll keep those spin cycles coming for years to end.
Thanks for reading, and happy washing!
Samsung washing machine models where the 4C error is fixed
This solution works for the vast majority of Samsung washing machines, including the following models:
If you fail to solve the error of your Samsung washing machine, it is best to contact a technical or specialist service to go to your home and review it. Thus you can be sure that it is a technical problem and not one that you can solve yourself.