- Error: “DC3”
- Description: Add door lock issue.
- Cause: The washer does not detect that the add door is properly closed and locked.
- Solution: Check and ensure that the add door is properly closed and that there are no objects obstructing its closure.
If you own a Samsung washing machine and encounter the “DC3” error code, don’t panic. This error is related to an issue with your washer’s add door, but it can often be resolved without the need to call a technician. Here’s what this error means and how you can try to fix it yourself.
The “DC3” error indicates that there’s a problem with the add door of your Samsung washing machine. This is a special feature that allows you to add clothes during the wash cycle without having to open the main door. Follow these steps to check the door:
- Inspect the Door: Make sure that the add door is properly closed. If it’s open or not properly shut, the washer will not start the cycle.
- Check for Obstructions: Look for any clothing or foreign objects trapped in the door that might prevent it from closing.
- Clean the Area: Clean around the add door. Sometimes, dirt or debris can build up and prevent the door from closing properly.
- Firm Closure: Close the add door firmly until you hear a click, indicating that it’s locked.
If after checking the add door the “DC3” error persists, try resetting your washer:
- Unplug the Washer: Disconnect the washer from the power outlet for at least 30 seconds.
- Reconnect and Power On: Plug the washer back in and turn it on. This can reset the system and clear the error code.
If you’ve followed the above steps and the “DC3” error continues to appear, it may be necessary to contact Samsung’s technical service. There could be a deeper issue with the add door’s locking mechanism that requires professional attention.
Remember, it’s important not to force the door or attempt more advanced repairs if you’re not sure what you’re doing, as you could cause further damage to your washer.