How to eliminate the OC error in Samsung washing machine?
- Error: OC
- Description: Water loss
- Solution: Restart after centrifugating.
Solving the Mystery: Understanding and Fixing the ‘OC’ Error Code on Samsung Washing Machines
If you own a Samsung washing machine, you may have encountered the “OC” error code at some point. This code indicates that there is too much water in the washer, which can be caused by a variety of factors. In this article, we will explain what causes this error code and provide a step-by-step guide for how to fix it.
One of the main causes of the OC error code is a blocked drain hose. The drain hose is responsible for carrying the water out of the machine and into the drain. If the hose is blocked, the water will not be able to properly drain and will cause the OC error code to appear.
Another common cause of the OC error code is a malfunctioning pump. This is particularly true for front-loading washing machines, which have a pump located at the front of the machine. If the pump is not functioning properly, it will not be able to pump the water out of the machine and the OC error code will appear.
To fix the OC error code, it is important to take the following steps:
- Turn off the washing machine: To prevent any additional water from entering the machine, the first step is to turn off the washer.
- Check the level of the washing machine: Make sure that the washing machine is level. This will ensure that the water drains properly.
- Inspect the drain hose: Check the drain hose to ensure that it is installed correctly and not blocked. If the hose is blocked, it needs to be cleaned out to allow the water to properly drain.
- Clean the pump (front loaders only): For front-loading washing machines, it is important to clean the pump to ensure that it is functioning properly. This can usually be done by removing the pump cover and cleaning out any debris that may have accumulated.
- Turn on the washing machine and start a cycle: Turn the washing machine back on and start a cycle. The water should drain at the beginning of the cycle, indicating that the issue has been resolved.
- Request service if the issue persists: If the OC error code continues to appear, it is recommended to contact Samsung Support Centre for further assistance. They will be able to troubleshoot the issue and provide recommendations for how to fix it.
It is important to keep in mind that if you are not comfortable with the above steps, it is advisable to contact Samsung Support Centre for professional help. By following these steps, you should be able to fix the OC error code on your Samsung washing machine and get it back to working properly.