How to eliminate UC error in Samsung washing machine?
- Error: UC
- Description: Electrical failure
- Solution: Verify the PCB (printed circuit plate) and the cable harness. Check if the energy supply works well. Make sure the power cable is plugged in.
This error can be frustrating for users, but it is important to know that there are solutions to resolve it.
Why does the UC code appear?
To solve the problem of the UC code on your Samsung washing machine, it is important to understand the possible causes. The UC code appears on the display in several situations:
- At the start of the wash, when the hatch lock worked and the user clicked the program start button.
- After the washer first draws water into the tank.
- When hot water is used to wash the laundry.
- Immediately before the start of the spin cycle.
Solutions to resolve the UC code
Once the possible causes of the error are understood, it is easier to determine the proper solution to resolve the error.
To troubleshoot the UC error on a Samsung washing machine, there are a few simple steps to follow.
- Check the power supply: The first thing to do is to check for an adequate power supply. The washer should be plugged directly into a wall outlet and not through a power strip or extension cord. If an extension cord is used, make sure it is the proper one and has a short-circuit protection.
- Check the load: if the washer is overloaded, this can cause a UC error. Check the load and remove some clothes if necessary.
- Check the hatch lock: make sure the hatch lock is working properly and is not clogged.
- Check the filter: check the filter and make sure it is not clogged. If necessary, clean it.
- Check the water level: check the water level in the washer tank and make sure it is not too low or too high.
- Check the control module: if everything else is OK, the problem may be a malfunction of the control module. In this case, Samsung Authorized Service Center should be contacted for assistance.
How to solve the UC error in Samsung washing machine
The first thing you should do is to check if the UC error is solved by simply restarting the washing machine. Many problems are solved this way, so let’s start with this method:
- Turn off the washing machine with the on/off button.
- Unplug the power cord from the outlet.
- Wait 3 to 5 minutes.
- Plug the power cord back into the outlet and turn on the washing machine.
If after the restart the washer operates properly and the UC error is not displayed, then it was probably a short-term malfunction. However, if the error recurs, you should look for the underlying cause, as it could be more serious than it appears.
In the second stage, you should carefully check the mains. If you do not feel comfortable doing this, it is best to call an electrician. Some solutions you can try before calling a professional are:
- Make sure the washing machine is plugged into a proper outlet and is operating at the correct voltage.
- Check to see if there is a problem with the power cord or if it is damaged.
- Make sure the washer is not overloading the electrical circuit.
If after checking all of the above, the problem persists, you may need to call a technician to repair the washer.