How to eliminate the UNB error in Hisense washing machine?
- Error: UNB
- Description: Imbalance in loads
- Unbalanced load in the drum.
- Washing single or very small items.
- Objects or garments stuck in the drum.
- Issues with the washing machine’s motor.
- Worn or seized drum bearings.
- Solution: Disconnect the device and reorganize the garments.
If you’ve encountered error code “UNB” on your Hisense washing machine, it indicates an issue with the load balance. This can occur when there is insufficient laundry in the drum to allow for safe and effective spinning. Follow these steps to resolve the problem:
1. Power Off and Restart
Press the power button and hold it for 3 seconds to turn off the appliance. This will reset the machine.
2. Avoid Washing Single Items
Washing a single item, such as a large blanket or heavy garment, can lead to an Unb error. It’s advisable to wash a balanced load to prevent this issue.
3. Reorganize the Load
Open the door and carefully loosen or reorganize the clothes inside the drum. Distributing the load evenly can help rectify the balance issue.
4. Opt for Full Loads
To ensure optimal performance, try to run a full wash cycle whenever possible. This will provide the necessary balance for smooth operation.
5. Select Spin Cycle
Choose a spin cycle option and press the Start/pause button to initiate the wash cycle. Monitor the operation closely.
6. Contact After-Sales Service
If the Unb error persists despite the above steps, it’s recommended to get in touch with the after-sales service team for further assistance.
- Consider adding another garment or two to the wash cycle. This can help distribute the weight more evenly and resolve the balance issue.
- For comprehensive guidance on loading your appliance, refer to the Loading to Capacity section.
- To conduct a thorough test, run a spin cycle with an empty drum. If the Unb error still appears, contact the after-sales service team promptly.
Motor or Drum Issue?
In certain cases, the Unb error may stem from either the motor or the drum itself. Here’s how to differentiate:
- Motor Test:
- Pull out the washer and remove the back panel to access the motor and drum.
- Take off the belt and manually turn the drum. If it moves freely, the issue likely lies with the motor, necessitating a replacement.
- Drum Inspection:
- Check the front of the drum by peeling back the door seal. Look for any foreign objects, like socks, lodged in the drum.
- If the drum appears clear and unobstructed, the problem may be attributed to the bearings. In this case, a new drum will be required, which could be a costly repair.
By following these steps and assessments, you can effectively troubleshoot the “UNB” error code on your Hisense washing machine. Remember to double-check each component and, if needed, seek professional assistance for a seamless resolution.