Technology has entered our lives in a way that we couldn’t even imagine a few years ago. The kitchen is no exception, and more and more connected appliances and devices are allowing us to cook in a healthier way, prepare recipes more easily, and enjoy food in a different way. In addition, home automation can help us automate everyday tasks and improve energy efficiency, comfort, and safety at home. In this article, we will analyze how technology is revolutionizing the kitchen and how we can take advantage of it to improve our life at home.
The presence of smart appliances in the market
Smart appliances are those that allow remote control and interconnection of different elements and appliances to form a set with certain capabilities. Some examples of smart appliances are Whirlpool’s new ovens, Hisense’s refrigerator, LG’s Crystaldoor refrigerators, the sink with a touch screen and six types of water, and the connected dishwasher. These appliances allow us to control them from our mobile or tablet, which allows us to program them to turn on or off at a certain time, or even to notify us when the food is ready.
In addition, some brands have introduced new features in their appliances that favor integration into the connected home, such as Haier, Samsung, LG, and Miele. For example, the appliances in the studioLine range from Siemens Appliances have Home Connect technology for remote control.
Technology in the modern kitchen
Technology has also entered modern kitchens, either directly in appliances, in their structure, or through gadgets that offer certain functionalities with touches of intelligence. Some examples of technology in the modern kitchen are:
- Smart countertops, which allow us to control the temperature and cooking time of food precisely.
- Kitchen robots, which allow us to prepare recipes more easily and quickly.
- Connected scales, which allow us to weigh ingredients accurately and send the information to our mobile or tablet.
- Connected kitchen thermometers, which allow us to control the temperature of food at all times.
- Connected coffee makers, which allow us to program them to heat up at a certain time.
Technology in the professional field
In the professional field, the applications that open up with new gadgets are part of the progress we will see in the field of gastronomy and catering. Technology allows us to improve efficiency in the kitchen, reduce waiting times, and improve the quality of dishes. Some examples of technology in the professional field are:
- Touch screens in restaurant kitchens, which allow us to control orders and cooking times for food.
- Kitchen robots, which allow us to prepare dishes more quickly and efficiently.
- Order management systems, which allow us to control orders and waiting times for customers.
Home automation in the kitchen
Home automation can help us in the kitchen by automating everyday tasks, such as preheating the oven, turning on the dishwasher, programming the coffee maker to heat up at a certain time, buying products for the refrigerator, and opening drawers or turning on the faucet by voice. Current technology offers us many options that we couldn’t even imagine a few years ago, and home automation allows us to control devices and optimize resources. Some examples of home automation in the kitchen are:
- Control of the countertop, which allows us to control the temperature and cooking time of food precisely.
- An alarm system that flashes the lights when someone rings the doorbell.
- A lighting system that adapts to the user’s preferences for cooking.
Technology has entered the kitchen, and home automation can make life at home more comfortable and enjoyable. If you are thinking of renovating your kitchen, we recommend that you consider technology and home automation to improve energy efficiency, comfort, and safety at home. In addition, smart appliances and connected gadgets allow us to cook in a healthier way, prepare recipes more easily, and enjoy food in a different way. Take advantage of technology to improve your life in the kitchen!