- Error: “E6”
- Description: EMG ERROR
- Cause: Clothes are stuck between the door seal and the drum, or there is a fault in the motor or electronic control board (PCB).
- Solution: Rearrange clothes, replace the motor or PCB if faulty.
What “E6” Error Code Means
The “E6” error code on Daewoo washing machines indicates an emergency situation (EMG ERROR). This may occur if clothes are stuck between the door seal and the drum, causing noticeable noise during spinning. It could also signal a malfunction in the motor or electronic control board (PCB).
Steps to Resolve the “E6” Error
1. Check and Rearrange Clothes
- Turn off the washing machine: Disconnect your Daewoo washing machine from the power source to ensure electrical safety.
- Open the door: Check for clothes stuck between the drum and the door seal.
- Rearrange the load: If clothes are stuck, rearrange them inside the drum to ensure an even distribution of the load.
2. Inspect the Motor
- Access the motor: If the issue persists after rearranging clothes, the motor may be faulty. To inspect the motor, you may need the assistance of a technician or follow your washing machine’s manual instructions to access it.
- Look for damage: Check for visible signs of wear or damage on the motor.
- Continuity test: Use a multimeter to check the continuity of the motor. If there is no continuity, the motor may need replacement.
3. Verify the Electronic Control Board (PCB)
- Locate the PCB: The electronic control board is typically behind the control panel or at the bottom of the washing machine.
- Visual inspection: Look for signs of burns, damaged components, or loose connections on the PCB.
- Replace the PCB: If you find damage on the electronic control board, it needs replacement. Since this is a critical and complex component, it’s recommended to have a qualified technician perform the replacement.
- Safety first: Always disconnect the washing machine before performing any inspection or repair.
- Manuals and guides: Refer to your Daewoo washing machine’s user manual for specific instructions on how to access and evaluate the motor and PCB.
- Use genuine parts: Only use original or compatible spare parts for your Daewoo washing machine model.
- Professional assistance: If you’re not comfortable with these checks or repairs, contact a professional service technician.
Remember that the “E6” error code signals that your washing machine needs attention. Do not ignore this warning, as it could lead to more serious problems if not addressed promptly. With these steps, we hope you can resolve the issue and have your Daewoo washing machine working correctly again. For further assistance, feel free to visit our website codigodeerror.com.